Friday 9 December 2011

Dark dank December

Well its been a while.  But then it has been the Autumn term and it has quickly dawned on me that this term will always be difficult, new names, new procedures, everything needs proper attention, a lot of the real learning has to take place in these short dark days.  Just 7 more teaching days to go before Christmas and I'm starting to be able to breathe again.  I can see the end.  The observations are over for this term.  One set of tests and hundreds of books are marked, next set of tests will land on my lounge floor next Friday.I'm on track for Christmas though, cards written, ready to be posted tomorrow - a stream lined list this year, if you receive one you're a true friend.  Most of the presents bought and even a slot found in my diary to wrap them.
Things are going well with son, I am so proud of him, I am amazed everytime I look at him.  I need to look after myself a little more - proper food and exercise would help.  Thats the new years resolutions sorted then.  This time last year I was getting ready for our Christmas holiday with the boyfriend and our new blended family - on the plane he picked an argument over nothing, I should have known at that moment that he wasn't the man I had thought he was.  Little did I know what a short length of time our relationship had left to run.  Has he thought about me since April?  I find it sad to think I'll never know.  I'm ok though.  He wasn't in love with me.  Not the real me.  Which was why i proved to be such a great disappointment to him.  He hadn't even discovered the real me.  I think I'm only just finding me, maybe he had no chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment