Saturday 31 December 2011

The New Year

Whilst Pirates of the Caribbean outwit each other in the back ground it seems like the time to reflect and look forward.  On paper 2011 should not have been as bad as it seemed.  The only troublesome event being the sharp exit of one flaky boyfriend.  The high points must include my son quickly becoming an amazing footballer and captain of his team, my completion of my first year teaching, my promotion at school, two fantastic holidays, one just me and my boy, the other with the whole family.  On paper it sounds a pretty amazing year.  My true new years resolution starting now is to not let that idiotic flaky ex-boyfriend to cast a miserable shadow on any more of my future.  I want to appreciate, enjoy and smile at every darn good thing that happens along the way in 2012.  Yes, if I could shift a few pounds then great, if I can cook better food then that would be nice, if I meet the man of my dreams then that would just be unbelievable but most importantly, every time something good happens i want to recognise it, celebrate it and have time to enjoy it.  Happy New Year to everyone, here's  to the best ever xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment